Monday, May 31, 2010

How to handle “Invalid Click” warning notification from Google Adsense

Google Adsense users are increasing second by second globally because it is quite tempting program to make more money online with complete freedom of work. A lot of newbies tend to involve in invalid click activities at the expense of “Forever Ban” from Google Adsense whereas a lot of genuine publishers get clickbombed by some other individual or groups just because of jealousy or some personal grudge and face difficult situation when big G treats them the same way.

Here we are not talking about the “Culprits” the one who involved in deliberate Click Fraud or invalid click activity but we are talking about helping those genuine publishers who face problems due to any other reason.

Here is the actual email from Google Adsense which some genuine publisher sent me via email: -

Hello,

It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on
your Google ads, posing a financial risk to our AdWords advertisers.
Please note that any activity that may artificially inflate an
advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings is strictly prohibited by our
program policies.

We understand that you may want more information about the activity we
detected. However, because we have a need to protect our proprietary
detection systems, we’re unable to provide our publishers with any details
about their account activity, including any web pages or users that may
have been involved. Thank you for your understanding.

We recommend reviewing these references to learn more about invalid click
activity and other activities that could endanger your account standing:

http://www.google.com/adsense/policies
http://www.google.com/adsense/terms

http://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/topic.py?topic=8426

Please note that because we credit advertisers for any invalid activity we
detect, we may adjust your account earnings for any days during which
invalid clicks occurred.

If you were clicking your ads out of interest or to see who was
advertising on your site, please note that clicking on your own ads for
any reason is strictly prohibited by our program policies. Instead, we
suggest using the AdSense preview tool as an alternative. This tool will
allow you to check the destination of ads on your page without the risk of
generating invalid clicks. For more information, please visit our Help
Center at https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/topic.py?topic=160.

Lastly, please note that if we continue to detect invalid clicks on your
Google ads, we may take further action on your account in order to protect
our advertisers’ interests. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

The above email is just the first warning which means Google Adsense will ban the publisher if they found any suspicious activities on their adsense account.

If you get the above email, what should you do?

A. Ignore this email from Google and keep working the same way that you were doing.

OR

B. Take this email seriously and reply to Google Adsense professionally.

Well! If you choose option A then Google might think that you are a non-serious just another publisher and Google might ban you forever if they found anything against you, next time. Option B is much better because a professional reply to Google will make them think that you are a serious publishers and there must be some genuine issue other than Click Fraud with your account.

Here is a template reply to above email which you can modify according to your situation, please do not simply copy paste and email. Try to use facts and figures if you are using google Analytics and other tools with this email.

Dear Adsense Support,

First, thank you very much for allowing me to participate in Google AdSense program. It allowed me to see the features that AdSense provides and the convenience it is for publishers to monetize their sites.

I am emailing you in response to a notification email I received dated ________ regarding some “invalid click activity” on my AdSense account.

I would like to make some points clear.

1. I am not aware that invalid clicks has been made on AdSense ads that were put on my site ______________.

2. I have never personally clicked on any of the AdSense ads that were put on my site, and I am perfectly aware of the terms as agreed upon prior to completing my application with AdSense.

3. I am using a shared computer with the rest of my family who are also internet users thus might explain sharing the same IP address with them.

4. I have not campaigned or asked anybody to click on any of the ads that were placed on my site. If you can notice on the ad demographics on my account, the clicks were very few and far between.

5. I did not even participate or click on ads from other AdSense Publishers.

I believe that despite me being new to the AdSense service, I have been honest to this profession. I have expected Google AdSense to be a great service and I have done my very best to adhere to the agreements and rules set upon by Google for the said service.

This is my first try to monetize my own site despite the years it has been up and I had put my trust on Google’s AdSense service to be able to provide the monetizing service that I could look up to.

Surely this might be negligible, considering that the ad revenue from the ads at my site only earned _____ cents in a span of almost _______. However, even that is proof that my site did not engage in unscrupulous “invalid click activity”.

The email I received from Google regarding my AdSense account involved in invalid click activity might also led me to believe that my AdSense account will have no chance of being restored if you ban my account forever if some one (competitor) deliberately wants to through me out of his competition by click bombing on my site.

I am sure that Google Adsense understands this situation and treats that “Invalid Click Activity” as a conspiracy to my legitimate business and I am very confident that my account should be cleared from such false claims.

Sincerely,

Hope it helps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More